The Membership Clerk is a positive, organized, detail-oriented individual who has strong communication skills, and enjoys engaging with people of all ages.
Under general direction of the Director of Membership, and the Director of Guest Services, the Membership Clerk is responsible for supporting the Membership Team by:
- Processing Membership mail
- Entering Membership data
- Putting together Membership card packages to mail out
- Answering Membership questions via phone, email, and in person
- Performing various tasks as assigned.
The Membership Clerk is also responsible for supporting the Guest Services team by assisting with phones.
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a high school diploma
- Must have a positive attitude and be willing to represent the Santa Barbara Zoo’s wholesome, family-friendly brand, and support the Zoo’s mission
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, have strong communication skills, written comprehension, speech clarity, speech recognition, inductive reasoning, and strong customer service skills
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other database software, a plus
- Must have at least one year of experience working in an office setting, preferably in the customer service field
Schedule: 16-20 hours/week. 4 hours Saturday (afternoon), 8 hours Sunday, and 8 hours Monday. May include some evenings for events.
Santa Barbara Zoo
Join our fun and professional team in our mission of preservation, conservation, and enhancement of the natural world and its living treasures through education, research, and recreation!
The Santa Barbara Zoo is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, and is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. It is known as one of the world’s most beautiful zoos, and is located on 30 acres of lush botanic gardens overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Andree Clark Bird Refuge and Santa Ynez Mountains. It is home to over 146 species with more than 500 animals exhibited in open, naturalistic habitats. Our wonderful collaborative team includes up to 220 employees and 500 volunteers.
Company Website: www.sbzoo.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)