Contribute to growing one of the most extensive membership programs in our Santa Barbara community!
Does helping others make your day? Do you feel comfortable and energized engaging in conversations with visitors? Do you enjoy working in teams, in a fast paced environment? Does closing a sale make your day? If so: fill out your application online today!
The Member Service Ambassador is a friendly, organized, detail-oriented individual with strong communication and interpersonal skills, who enjoys engaging with people of all ages. Under general direction of the Director of Membership, this position is responsible for selling memberships, and providing information and services to our current and new zoo members.
- Actively generates renewal, new memberships, and membership upgrades
- Be always knowledgeable about the zoo, zoo events and programs and membership information
- Communicates accurately and effectively information regarding membership categories to members, guests, staff and volunteers
- Processes new and updated Membership applications, performing data entry, using CounterPoint, Raiser's Edge, and Outbound
- Answers Membership questions via phone, email, and in person
- Supports the Membership and Guest Services team as needed, assisting with phones and in person
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be self motivated, customer service and sales oriented, detail oriented, and efficient at multi-tasking
- Ability to work effectively and be comfortable working in a high foot traffic hallway work environment
- Must have accurate data entry skills, be proficient in Microsoft Office, have strong communication skills, written comprehension, speech clarity, speech recognition, inductive reasoning
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or other database software, a plus
- Must be willing to represent the Santa Barbara Zoo’s wholesome family-friendly brand, and support the Zoo’s mission
- One year of prior experience working in customer service or membership preferred, as well as prior experience using CounterPoint, Raiser's Edge and/or Outbound
Schedule: Up to a max. of 25 hours/work week. Includes weekend, holidays, and some week days. Generally between the hours of 9:30 AM and 5:00PM. May include an occasional evening for events.
Santa Barbara Zoo
Join our fun and professional team in our mission of preservation, conservation, and enhancement of the natural world and its living treasures through education, research, and recreation!
The Santa Barbara Zoo is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, and is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. It is known as one of the world’s most beautiful zoos, and is located on 30 acres of lush botanic gardens overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Andree Clark Bird Refuge and Santa Ynez Mountains. It is home to over 146 species with more than 500 animals exhibited in open, naturalistic habitats. Our wonderful collaborative team includes up to 220 employees and 500 volunteers.
Company Website: www.sbzoo.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)