Under the general direction of the Director of Marketing, Show Actor will perform on stage as part of the cast of our shows “How to Train your Dinosaurs” and “California Tales.”
Be a part of the team that performs for over 50,000 people this summer at the Santa Barbara Zoo in our one-of-a-kind stage shows. “California Tales” is an Avenue Q type puppet show that teaches kids about animals using folks tales from California and around the world. “How to Train Your Dinosaurs” features state-of-the-art dinosaur puppets and explores what zoo keepers do behind-the-scenes at the zoo to care for rare and exotic creatures.”
The stage shows are a family-friendly, 15-minute lively presentation with human hosts and character performers. The shows run twice daily on the Zoo’s Rolling Hill Stage.
Show Actor accompanies Character Performers during show and meet and greet, ensuring safety and show quality, assisting guests with requests, answering guest questions, and other guest service-related jobs as needed.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Outgoing personality with positive attitude required
- Will represent the Santa Barbara Zoo’s wholesome, family-friendly brand on stage before large numbers of people and on occasional appearances in the community
- Must be comfortable approaching guests and initiating conversations
- Applicant must be willing to undergo acting training and rehearsal, and follow instructions from Director
- Must be able to stand/walk for up to two continuous hours and access all areas of the facility
- Previous stage experience through theater, music, or dance is a plus!
Schedule: Must be available weekends and weekdays, any time between 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. Some holidays, school breaks, and some evenings for scheduled events.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Santa Barbara Zoo
Join our fun and professional team in our mission of preservation, conservation, and enhancement of the natural world and its living treasures through education, research, and recreation!
The Santa Barbara Zoo is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, and is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. It is known as one of the world’s most beautiful zoos, and is located on 30 acres of lush botanic gardens overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Andree Clark Bird Refuge and Santa Ynez Mountains. It is home to over 146 species with more than 500 animals exhibited in open, naturalistic habitats. Our wonderful collaborative team includes up to 220 employees and 500 volunteers.
Company Website: www.sbzoo.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)