Do you enjoy providing hands-on help for events and celebrations? Do you thrive on providing excellent customer service?
In conjunction with a team of Event Hosts, the Private Event Host is responsible for overseeing day time and/or evening events. Must ensure Zoo events are an enjoyable, wonderful, and safe experience for guests by providing support services.
- We are seeking outgoing, motivated, and detail-oriented individuals interested in getting experience in the events industry
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication and time management skills
- Must have the ability to work well in a team in a fast-paced environment, while multi-tasking under time constraints
- At least one year of paid customer service experience is required.
- Must have the ability to access all areas of the facility and the ability to negotiate the Zoo work environment, standing up to four hours in a row (x2) on your feet, occasionally lifting objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
Schedule: Weekends, daytime, and evenings when events are scheduled.
Santa Barbara Zoo
Join our fun and professional team in our mission of preservation, conservation, and enhancement of the natural world and its living treasures through education, research, and recreation!
The Santa Barbara Zoo is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, and is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. It is known as one of the world’s most beautiful zoos, and is located on 30 acres of lush botanic gardens overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Andree Clark Bird Refuge and Santa Ynez Mountains. It is home to over 146 species with more than 500 animals exhibited in open, naturalistic habitats. Our wonderful collaborative team includes up to 220 employees and 500 volunteers.
Company Website: www.sbzoo.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)