Does helping others make your day? Do you like working with children and their families? Do you feel comfortable and excited engaging in conversations with guests? Are you interested in helping our conservation efforts? If yes, we invite you to contact us!
Under general direction of the Director of Food Services, the Guest Experience Specialist facilitates a positive guest experience by providing excellent service delivering Food Services items to all those visiting the Santa Barbara Zoo.
Essential Duties include:
- Greets every Guest within 10 feet with a warm smile, and every guest within 5 feet with a friendly “hello”.
- Explains menu items to guests and takes food orders.
- Serves food, beverages, or desserts to guests i variety of settings.
- Operates a variety of food preparation equipment.
- Answer phone calls promptly and professionally.
- Processes payment for goods using Point of Sales cash registers.
- Follows cash handling and point of sale procedures.
- Prepares and restocks all food items and supplies as needed.
- Responds to all guest inquiries, comments and criticisms in a timely manner, in accordance with the guest relation’s procedures.
- Associates with guests to share information, identify their needs, and make their experience a more personal one, providing a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
- Insures the Zoo’s presentation standards for cleanliness and maintenance are met by keeping work area clean, picking up trash while out in Zoo, and reporting unsafe or unsightly conditions.
- Adheres to the Zoo’s policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Policy Manual.
Understanding/Handling Emergency Situations:
- Responds to emergencies quickly and follows emergency protocols.
- Remains calm and creates an atmosphere of calm and control for those dealing with the emergency situation.
Applicants must be minimum 14 years of age (Work permit required for 17 and under, unless graduated from high school).
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Outgoing personality, strong customer service orientation with positive attitude and strong team work approach required.
Prior Customer Service and Cash Handling experience a must!
Applicant must be able to stand/walk for up to two continuous hours and access all areas of the facility.
Must be able to work weekdays, some weekends, holidays, school breaks, and some evenings when events or training are scheduled.
Santa Barbara Zoo
Join our fun and professional team in our mission of preservation, conservation, and enhancement of the natural world and its living treasures through education, research, and recreation!
The Santa Barbara Zoo is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, and is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. It is known as one of the world’s most beautiful zoos, and is located on 30 acres of lush botanic gardens overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Andree Clark Bird Refuge and Santa Ynez Mountains. It is home to over 146 species with more than 500 animals exhibited in open, naturalistic habitats. Our wonderful collaborative team includes up to 220 employees and 500 volunteers.
Company Website: www.sbzoo.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)