Do you enjoy cooking and interacting with guests, without having to work a night shift?
The cook facilitates a positive guest experience by providing fast, quality service and enjoyable food to guests and employees of the Santa Barbara Zoo. Also responsible for the preparation and replenishment of all items needed for the restaurant.
- Applicants must be minimum 18 years of age and have cooking some experience
- Must be a team player with excellent oral and written communication skills, with knowledge of health department food preparation regulations
- Ability to exercise safe work habits and to handle rush times with poise and efficiency
- Must be able to access all areas of the facility, lift cases in excess of 50 pounds waist-high, and stand/walk during entire shift
- Food Handler certification preferred, or ability to certify within 30 days
Schedule: Weekends, including some holidays, occasional evenings for scheduled events, and occasional weekdays, up to a maximum of 25 hours per week.
Compensation: 2018: $11.00/hour and up, 2019: $12.00/hour and up, DOE
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Santa Barbara Zoo
Join our fun and professional team in our mission of preservation, conservation, and enhancement of the natural world and its living treasures through education, research, and recreation!
The Santa Barbara Zoo is a private 501(c)(3) nonprofit corporation, and is a fully accredited member of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. It is known as one of the world’s most beautiful zoos, and is located on 30 acres of lush botanic gardens overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Andree Clark Bird Refuge and Santa Ynez Mountains. It is home to over 146 species with more than 500 animals exhibited in open, naturalistic habitats. Our wonderful collaborative team includes up to 220 employees and 500 volunteers.
Company Website: www.sbzoo.org
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)